It's Baby Time!
Thursday, July 31, 2014
After my emotional day yesterday Robyn was SO sweet and suggested we go have some fun! We walked the mall and got dinner (and I got my nails redone!). I came home and had a few contractions and did think "maybe this is it" but ended up going to bed feeling normal.
I woke up at 5 this morning dreaming about a beeping sound and realized when I woke that Britt's smoke detector was beeping all night for a dead battery (she slept through it like a CHAMP!). I was actually able to go back to sleep and woke up at 6:15 feeling contractions.
I've always wondered how I'd know if it was happening at night. I was still half-sleeping through them and switched sides thinking changing position may make them stop. But they didn't. So I browsed Facebook and waited a bit. I got up at 6:30 and went ahead and got ready. Zach had slept upstairs (I have become quite the noise maker in my sleep) so I texted him at 6:45 and told him he may want to get ready before the kids woke up.
We called Jordan at 7 and he came over and took the kids at about 8. They went to Chick-Fil-A and are eating breakfast there and hanging out while I labor at home!
Contractions are coming roughly every 5 min or so and lasting about a minute. I have had my bloody show and they are bad enough where I can't walk or talk through them. So this is LEGIT!!!
I'm super excited to have Stacy deliver me (today is her LAST day!)! I'm sad Lindsay won't be there for the pictures but have a back up plan who should be good to go so hopefully that goes well!
I'm pumped about the timing! I got an awesome nights sleep and was able to see my babies this morning and get one last picture of us as a family of FOUR!
Prayers are appreciated for a smooth delivery and HEALTHY baby!!!
I woke up at 5 this morning dreaming about a beeping sound and realized when I woke that Britt's smoke detector was beeping all night for a dead battery (she slept through it like a CHAMP!). I was actually able to go back to sleep and woke up at 6:15 feeling contractions.
I've always wondered how I'd know if it was happening at night. I was still half-sleeping through them and switched sides thinking changing position may make them stop. But they didn't. So I browsed Facebook and waited a bit. I got up at 6:30 and went ahead and got ready. Zach had slept upstairs (I have become quite the noise maker in my sleep) so I texted him at 6:45 and told him he may want to get ready before the kids woke up.
We called Jordan at 7 and he came over and took the kids at about 8. They went to Chick-Fil-A and are eating breakfast there and hanging out while I labor at home!
Contractions are coming roughly every 5 min or so and lasting about a minute. I have had my bloody show and they are bad enough where I can't walk or talk through them. So this is LEGIT!!!
I'm super excited to have Stacy deliver me (today is her LAST day!)! I'm sad Lindsay won't be there for the pictures but have a back up plan who should be good to go so hopefully that goes well!
I'm pumped about the timing! I got an awesome nights sleep and was able to see my babies this morning and get one last picture of us as a family of FOUR!
Prayers are appreciated for a smooth delivery and HEALTHY baby!!!
